Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Javis + Jean + Dave

Photography: Yong How

I got a surprise email from Jean some time back to ask me about taking some shots of her boy...and she identified herself as my secondary 2 classmate. It is only when she told me her chinese name that I knew who she was from the following email. Also, we've not kept in touch since we left school. I'm glad that it's a gathering of sort with this shoot with Jenny, another of my Sec 2 classmate who popped by. :)

Children have always been one of my favourite subjects to photograph as they exhibit so much innocence and energy. I had never taken a paid job to do that but I've been getting quite a bit of shots of children from the weddings I've covered. My own little boy has always been a good 'model' too.

It got me pretty excited when I knew that I'll be shooting Javis (Jean and Dave's boy) exclusively in their home. Javis is really easy to warm up with and it took me just a minute for him to get comfy with me around. The whole session was done very casually and there's literally no art direction. I'm glad that Javis, Jean and Dave are so cheerful throughout the shoot.

Here are a handful of images to share. :)























Thank you Jean and Dave for this great opportunity. We'll keep in touch again. :)

Regards
Yong How
www.1950photography.com

5 comments:

Unknown May 19, 2009 at 12:33 AM  

I sang at their wedding! It's great to know that they are parents now. Congrats to them!

Jean May 25, 2009 at 9:47 AM  

Hsin Yeow!
Thanks! Great to hear from U!

Tey Yong How May 25, 2009 at 4:14 PM  

Wow! It's a small world! Heh. :)

Jean May 25, 2009 at 5:50 PM  

Indeed..! What a way to "catch-up"!

Tey Yong How May 25, 2009 at 9:54 PM  

Haha, glad that this post acts as a connection of sorts. :)

About Us

1950 Photography seeks to capture your wedding day in the least obstrusive manner so that the images will show the genuine love, fun and emotions of your big day.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP